Saturday, January 4, 2014

DIY Alphabet Painting



With a blank canvas and a little paint, you can make your child an alphabet poster for the wall, customize it to his or her interests, and save yourself fifty dollars. You can also choose colors that match well with whatever room you're going to put it in.

We found an inexpensive canvas at Michael's, where they are often on sale. You can also print their online coupons, which often feature deals like twenty-five percent off any item. Then I penciled in my alphabet, painted it blue and added a few items that my young son would recognize to go with the different letters. For him, "P" is for "Pumpkin", "L" is for "Leaf." Maybe at your house "P" is for "Pansy" and "L" is for "Lips." Whatever works best for your little one. 

I painted with basic, cheap acrylic paints, and it still looks lovely after six months, so I don't predict any upcoming peeling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment